Oral Surgery Emergency Care in Central Jersey
Accepting New Patients with Oral Surgery Emergencies in Matawan, Ocean, Freehold, & Old Bridge NJ
Schedule Your Appointment
Matawan Office: Matawan Office Phone Number 732-566-7648
Ocean Office: Ocean Office Phone Number 732-531-4400
Freehold Office: Freehold Office Phone Number 732-431-4800
Old Bridge Office: Old Bridge Office Phone Number 732-679-0800
What is an Oral Surgery Emergency?
An oral surgery emergency, best suited for the office setting, is one that has been deemed necessary after evaluation by a general dentist or root canal specialist. Concerns for breathing, head and neck swelling are best suited to be evaluated in a hospital setting. In the event of a true medical emergency, please call 9-1-1 or your Primary Care Physician’s office.
How soon can I be seen?
Our goal is to evaluate your needs in a timely manner. Same day services are possible. Please call to request more information.
Other Emergency Dental Situations:
- Substantial Toothache
- Significant Sensitivity
- Broken, Cracked and Chipped Teeth
If you can’t get into our office immediately, here is a list of effective home remedies to make you more comfortable while you wait for care:
- Warm water rinses for sore teeth and gums.
- Over the counter pain medication such as ibuprofen (NOT aspirin).
- Ice packs applied to the outside of cheeks.
- Avoid overly hot and cold beverages and foods to reduce sensitivity.
- Heating pads may be used for jaw pain.
- Avoid chewing in the injured area.
- If a broken tooth has a sharp edge, cotton can be placed over it to protect soft tissues in your mouth.