Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment. Unless otherwise instructed by your treating doctor.
- No smoking for at least 24 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- No jewelry is permitted
- Dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Feldman, Dr. Sussman, Dr. Paterson, Dr. Gelband, Dr. Meyer or Dr. McElroy prior to your surgical date for instructions.
After Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- After sedation the patient should have a responsible person accompany them for the rest of the day.
Our doctors are certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS ) and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). All of our surgical staff are CPR certified.