Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment. Unless otherwise instructed by your treating doctor.
- No smoking for at least 24 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- No jewelry is permitted
- Dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Meyer, Dr. McElroy, Dr. Paterson, Dr. Gelband or Dr. Shah prior to your surgical date for instructions.
After Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- After sedation the patient should have a responsible person accompany them for the rest of the day.
Our doctors are certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS ) and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). All of our surgical staff are CPR certified.