Because of the close relationship to the sinus, many times when a tooth is extracted, it will leave a communication between the mouth and the sinus. This was the situation in your case. It is important for you to follow these instructions:
- Take all prescription medication
- Do not cause any pressure to your nose Refrain from blowing your nose for 6 to 8 weeks
- Try not to sneeze if needed open mouth and do not pinch nose.
- Do not smoke or use a straw
- Eat soft foods for several days chewing on the opposite side as much as possible
- Do not rinse mouth vigorously for several days
- It is not uncommon to have slight bleeding from nose
If you have any questions please call our office at 732-566-7648.