All-on-4® Treatment Concept
What is All-on-4® treatment concept?
All-on-4® is a revolutionary procedure for patients who are missing most of their teeth. This procedure involves attaching a full arch prosthesis to the jaw with just four dental implants during one surgery. A proven, efficient, and cost-effective alternative to traditional dentures, All-on-4® treatment concept has been successfully performed for several decades.
Benefits of All-on-4® Treatment Concept
The full arch prosthetic:
- Requires only 4 titanium implants.
- Has no dietary limitations.
- Is customized to fit each individual patient.
- Takes one day to be placed.
- Functions immediately with a fixed provisional bridge
- …and more
All-on-4® Treatment Concept FAQs
- Is All-on-4® treatment concept a good option for me?
- What is involved in the All-on-4® treatment concept process?
- How is All-on-4® treatment concept different from dentures?
Is All-on-4® treatment concept a good option for me?
You may be wondering if you are a good candidate for All-on-4® implants. There are several factors to keep in mind as you’re considering restoring your smile with the All-On-4® treatment concept.
- Missing Teeth: Ideal candidates have already lost most of their teeth, as the All-On-4® treatment concept is a full-arch prosthesis. However, any remaining teeth can be easily removed during the implant surgery. The doctors at CJOMS will explain the details of the whole process during your consultation.
- Oral Health: As is the case with any surgery, the better your overall health, the quicker the recovery and the lower the likelihood of infection. When considering your oral health in particular, it is important that your jaw has enough bone density and volume because the titanium posts of All-on-4® implants act as roots for your new teeth and so require an adequate amount of support. During your consultation, one of the five doctors will perform a thorough evaluation of your jaw and help you determine if All-on-4® would be a good option for you.
- Bone Loss: For those with substantial bone loss, implants can often be placed in a part of your jaw that still has enough bone structure. The doctors can easily evaluate your mouth and will determine the health of your jaw and if All-On-4® would be best for you.
- Cost: All-On-4® implants are the most economical way to replace an entire upper or lower arch of teeth, making them the best choice for those patients on a budget.
- Peace of Mind: All-on-4® treatment concept is minimally invasive and is completed in one day, so the procedure requires shorter surgery time overall than the replacement of many individual teeth. This is an excellent, less stressful option for patients who are anxious about dental procedures.
What is involved in the All-on-4® treatment concept process?
Since All-on-4® teeth replacement is a one-day procedure, the process is quite quick. We understand that getting implants for the first time may fill you with fear and uncertainty, so we are happy to provide the following steps that clearly outline the process.
- In an effort to keep you as comfortable as possible, one of our highly trained nurses administers local or general anesthesia right away.
- Once you’re sufficiently sedated, the doctor prepares your mouth for the implants by removing any remaining teeth as well as any diseased or infected tissue.
- The implant placement process involves putting titanium screws into your jaw, two toward the front of your mouth and two toward the back, positioned so that each evenly anchors the prosthetic denture.
- After implant placement, the doctor thoroughly cleans and stitches up the site.
- Lastly, you are moved to a recovery room where you can relax as the anesthesia wears off.
We meet with post-op patients during the six months following surgery to ensure the All-on-4® prosthetic fits perfectly and comfortably.
How is All-on-4® treatment concept different from dentures?
All-on-4® treatment concept is a durable, permanent solution that does not require removal for daily cleaning, replacement, or reshaping as dentures do. And unlike dentures, All-on-4® patients can eat, smile and laugh naturally and without constraint or fear of slippage.