Oral Surgery Emergency Care in Central Jersey
Accepting New Patients with Oral Surgery Emergencies in Matawan, Ocean, Freehold, & Old Bridge NJ
Schedule Your Appointment
What is an Oral Surgery Emergency?
An oral surgery emergency, best suited for the office setting, is one that has been deemed necessary after evaluation by a general dentist or root canal specialist. Concerns for breathing, head and neck swelling are best suited to be evaluated in a hospital setting. In the event of a true medical emergency, please call 9-1-1 or your Primary Care Physician’s office.
How soon can I be seen?
Our goal is to evaluate your needs in a timely manner. Same day services are possible. Please call to request more information.
Other Emergency Dental Situations:
- Substantial Toothache
- Significant Sensitivity
- Broken, Cracked and Chipped Teeth
If you can’t get into our office immediately, here is a list of effective home remedies to make you more comfortable while you wait for care:
- Warm water rinses for sore teeth and gums.
- Over the counter pain medication such as ibuprofen (NOT aspirin).
- Ice packs applied to the outside of cheeks.
- Avoid overly hot and cold beverages and foods to reduce sensitivity.
- Heating pads may be used for jaw pain.
- Avoid chewing in the injured area.
- If a broken tooth has a sharp edge, cotton can be placed over it to protect soft tissues in your mouth.